What is an IT Risk Analysis?
An IT Risk Analysis is classified as an accurate and thorough assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of electronic protected health information. A Risk Analysis helps identify potential violations and holes in your network BEFORE they become a problem, saving you time, money and embarrassing fines and corrective action.
Am I required to have a Risk Analysis?
Yes. If your business handles Protected Health Information (PHI), then you are required to have a Risk Analysis. Since 2005, a Risk Analysis is one of four required implementation specifications that provide instructions to implement the Security Management Process standard [HIPAA Rule (45 C.F.R. § 164.308(a)(1).)].
For more information regarding Risk Analysis Requirements, visit the Health and Human Services website by clicking here
What’s Included in a Risk Analysis from Boonya?
- Personal consultation with an industry expert in Healthcare IT and HIPAA Compliance
- Internal and external network scan and penetration testing of PC’s, server, and firewall
- Up-to-date online, printable HIPAA Policy and Procedure Manual with additional resources
- Outline and description of all HIPAA related violations and associated HIPAA code
- Complete summary report with detailed findings and overall Risk Analysis score
- Mitigation plan to remediate any potential violations and areas of concern
To learn more about a Risk Analysis from Boonya, contact us today.
Boonya performed the security analysis for Uptown Eye Care, and I was taken completely by surprise with the results. My guess was our overall results would be better than average. I was completely wrong. There were security breaches that I would have never known existed. I found it frightening that there was so much that I was unaware of. The report from Boonya was thorough and detailed and easy to understand. I am much more confident in the integrity of our computer systems now. Thank you!